Friday, November 4, 2011

Mad about a Pound Cake (Fruit Cake)


I recently discovered my love for the Pound Cake. Though making a perfect pound cake is little difficult and little more time consuming than making a regular soft cake yet I am in love with baking these amazing cake loafs with different combination of chocolates, fruits and nuts.
I first tried my hand at baking a Banana Walnut loaf cake. My hubby loves the combination of Banana and walnut and he finished it all off (with a little help from his sis) before you could say Hannah Banana.

My next pound cake was a tutti-frutti delight. It took us back to our childhood days, when the only thing moms could put in a cake to make it look better were tutti fruttis (no chocolate chips, no sprinkles). It was really colorful with a melt in the mouth texture. And as you can see, I have no pictures to put up for it, which bears reason to its short life-span.
Last night I made a Choco-Walnut pound cake. I baked it especially for Annu’s team at work (The SCD team, Yahoo) and the reviews told me that all of it vanished in no time.
A slice of pound cake is a perfect companion at snack time and can be sliced and stored like bread for guests.
Heated and served with ice-cream — it is a perfect ending to a light dinner.
(Each variant is slightly different from the other. Drop me a mail if you are looking for the recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment