Friday, November 4, 2011

Breads — The Golden Hue of Joy

Dinner Rolls, Chocolate Buns and Apple Cinnamon Buns

“This is ‘The Best’ thing you have baked so far”… these were Annu’s words as soon as he tasted the freshly baked Apple Cinnamon Buns, and I was on cloud nine ;). The second compliment came charging in when we took a set of them to Boney and Dani’s new house. This gave me the confidence that the recipe has been going in the right direction and my experiments with bread making are successful so far.

The best compliment was yet to come… I decided to bake a few Chocolate Buns and Apple Cinnamon Buns for Annu’s Team (Yahoo SCDians) and the response I got from them was very motivating. It was a bit of a disappointment that the buns couldn’t reach them hot out of the oven; the facilities chose the same day to take the microwave on their floor out for repairs. I also don’t know if it was enough for everyone to taste, but I still got the message that everyone loved it and it got over before Annu could even take a few pictures (to give me a firsthand account :P). Thank you all for the lovely compliments. As they say ‘pleasant words are as honey, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones’, I am totally inspired to cook better and will surely be sending in more treats.

I have to admit, given a choice, I’d prefer baking bread compared to cakes. Maybe it’s the satisfaction the end product gives after so much of hard work. Bread baking involves so many things that amateur bakers are often discouraged after a few failed attempts to turn out professional looking and tasting loaves. I have heard so many people complain that it is very tiring to make bread because you need to knead the dough so much, but I don’t really find it as complicated as I was told, rather it is very interesting. Though there is no denying that bread baking is a very delicate process, the sweet smell of freshly baked bread filling your home (and a little bit of the neighbor’s as well J) makes it all worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment