Monday, February 27, 2012

Cream Cake Fascination



I've always been a huge fan of cream cakes. Every birthday when my dad ordered a special cake for me, I wondered how they make it. So it was impossible for me to hide my liking for cream cakes when I became a baking enthusiast.

I went ahead to learn the basics of making a beautiful cake and found that it surely is not a piece of cake to make a perfect one. Right from making the basic sponge to covering the layers with the cream takes a good amount of patience and effort. There is no end to the creative ways in making a cake. Cakes definitely are the star attraction for several occasions, be it a birthday, an anniversary or a random get together. It really is a great satisfaction to make the show stopper from scratch and see the people go ‘Oooh’ and ‘Aaahhh’ over the beauty and taste. I really feel like a ‘Celebrity Designer’ ;).
I made several cakes for my colleagues’ kids’ birthday parties. And when I asked the Moms for feedback I got a common statement from all of them - ‘I should have ordered a bigger one’ :P..

I am still experimenting and trying to gain expertise on all the varieties of cakes I can make. Right now I am planning a very special one for my own birthday :) he hi.. I believe ‘Birthdays are nature's way of telling us to eat more cake’.

No comments:

Post a Comment